Home Care Patient Instructions
Your tooth and surrounding gum tissue may be slightly tender for several days as a result of manipulation during endodontic treatment and previous condition of your tooth. This tenderness is normal and is no cause for alarm. Below are some instructions for self care at home after a root canal or other endodontic treatment:
- Do not chew food on the affected side until your endodontic therapy is completed and your tooth is covered with a protective restoration provided by your restorative dentist.
- You may continue your regular dental hygiene regimen.
- Discomfort may be alleviated by taking ibuprofen (Advil), aspirin, or acetaminophen (Tylenol) as directed.
- NOTE: Alcohol intake is not advised while taking any of these medications.
- Should you experience discomfort that cannot be controlled with the above listed medications, or should swelling develop, please contact this office immediately.
The office telephone is answered day and night. If you need to call after hours, please have your pharmacy number available.
If you have any questions, please call one of our convenient Metro Detroit area offices:
Office Hours - All Offices
Experience Exceptional Service & Quality Endodontic Care
Call Us Now to Find the Relief You Deserve!